Most of the time it is not their fault. They can’t help that they are scared, lying, cheating, unrealistic, nibbling continuous shoppers. It is your job to help them out of their decision earlier than they might like. But Walter, buyers are so hard to find, I need to treat them with kid leather gloves. Nonsense.
1. Did you increase the deposit?
2. Have they been pre-approved in writing with a lender you trust?
3. Is it a short escrow?
4. Are all the contingency dates very short?
5. Did you dot the eyes, cross the t’s and and remove all chances of weaseling out of the deal?
6. Did you warn the seller that nothing is closed until they have cashed their check?
7. Did you get all the team members you trust on the closing team?
8. Are you unattached to the outcome?
If so, you will have less fall outs and when they do, you will care less.