Maybe you’ve heard about it through the rumor mill — a tentative, pending FSBO might soon realize the potential pitfalls of selling on his/her own.
If this lead came from a friend, be sure to thank him/her with a gift card should the FSBO become a closed deal for you.
RE: Let’s Talk about Being an FSBO
Selling your home can be a discouraging experience. Last minute walk-throughs, inconvenient calls, price adjustments, and the possibility of being stuck with two mortgages are all real concerns. If you are not completely prepared, you could end up losing thousands of dollars in profit or equity.
There is a fine line between a profitable, smooth transaction and a miserable experience. In most cases, it comes down to the subtle “know how” of your real estate professional in determining the motivation of your buyer. By using the knowledge of a qualified real estate professional, you will ensure the quick, profitable sale of your home.
This letter is designed to arm you with the knowledge to avoid 11 common mistakes that cost sellers serious money, if you decide to try this process alone.
- Refusing to Make Profit-Inducing Repairs: It always costs you more money to sell “as is” than to make repairs which will increase the value of your home. Often even minor improvements will yield as much as three to five times the repair cost at the time of sale. We will be able to point out repairs that will significantly increase the value of your home, and suggest vendors who will get the job done. Seemingly small fix-up jobs can have quite an impact.
- Not Considering Other Financing Terms: Cash is always the most advantageous transaction. Income level, tax benefits, and current legislation are all critical factors when considering purchase terms. Professional real estate agents are experts at home transactions and can give you the highest yield. Sometimes, terms other than cash will net you more in the end.
- Not Providing Easy Access for Showings: Accessibility is a major key to profitability. Appointment-only showings are the most restrictive, while a lockbox is the least; however, there are certain considerations to take into account, like your lifestyle, the time frame for the desired sale, and the relationship with your agent. The more accessible your home, the better the odds of finding a person willing to pay your asking price. You never know if the buyer who could not get a viewing was the one that got away. By developing a trusting relationship with our team, we will show your home with your best interests and security in mind.
- Priced Too Low/Priced Too High: One critical reason to use our pricing matrix is to make sure your property is priced appropriately for a timely and profitable sale. If the property is priced too high, it will sit and develop a reputation as a problem property. If it is priced too low, it could cost you considerable profits. The real estate market has subtle nuances and market changes that should be evaluated by your agent every 10-14 days to help you maximize your return. We are respected by other local agents for realistic pricing.
- Relying Solely on Traditional Methods to Sell Your Home: We are innovative and willing to offer new strategies to attract homebuyers, and we will always outperform agents who rely on traditional methods. Around-the-clock advertising exposure, innovative lead-generation methods, lead accountability, search engine strategies, and cutting-edge web strategies give us the advantage. These services should be offered on your home sale.
- Market Timing/Seasonal Selling: Just as a financial broker continually follows the trends of a stock, we continually follow trends in the housing market. We will know if the market cycle is poised to net you the most money. Do not believe the myth that property sales are seasonal; property is always selling.
- Refusing to Make Cosmetic Changes: The prospective homebuyer’s first impression is the most important. An unbelievable amount of home sales have been lost to unkept lawns, cluttered rooms, bad stains and unpleasant odors — all the seemingly little things. We can get someone to get your home in shape if you do not have the time.
- Wasting Time with an Unqualified Prospect: My responsibility is to screen a prospect’s qualification before valuable time is lost. Be sure to familiarize yourself with our tools and avoid negotiating with unqualified prospects.
- Testing the Market: Never put your property on the market to sell unless you are serious. If you are still undecided, you will slow the sale. One of the things my past clients appreciate is that we spend a lot of time discussing your goals.
- Believing You Are Powerless to Make a Difference: Be part of the team! Take an active role with us to see how you can facilitate your sale. Social networking with our professional peers and personal friends often results in the sale of a home. It is surprising how many homes are sold by putting the word out.
- Believing All REALTORS® Are the Same: With all the intricate details and critical decisions to be made concerning your home sale, you should only rely on someone who has been selling in your neighborhood for years? Even friends or family members who are real estate agents could fail to meet your expectations. Your home sale is a time-consuming, difficult task. Maximize your profit by using a local professional.
I trust this advice will be valuable to you. Being a top broker in this area is not a matter of ego; it is a result of meeting and exceeding my clients’ expectations. I would consider it a privilege to be of service to you! For your FREE consultation, call me at 815.929.9258 or email me at email@example.com.
Through the years, I’ve collected many letters for just about every aspect in this business. Super Emails, Letters, and Web Content is a beast of a manual at over 700 pages with some of the best in my collection! This manual is the finest of lead generation letters, emails, and web content. They’ve all been tested for profitability. This manual will become the foundation of your direct mail, email, and database solicitation department. Included is the data CD, which is a digital copy for easier implementation.
Check out the details http://www.waltersanford.com/shop/super-emails-letters-and-web-content/. Call 800.792.5837 and ask for the $50 blog special on this system!