Many times, my clients are asked about items in which they have very little experience. Since my clients are experts in the foundational activities of obtaining a client’s goals, then what they have to do is pull the client away from the narrow view and show the big picture.
Let me give you an example of a coaching client’s request this week:
from coaching client:
Hi, Walter. How do I answer this woman’s question? I have not sold condos in Soggy Bottom!
from potential client to coaching client:
Thanks for your newsletter. How recently have you sold a condo in the Soggy Bottom area? Please email or send me your card with your contact information. I want to give my brother your contact information without all the other information you have in your newsletter. You may want to include any information you have on selling condos in Soggy Bottom area. Thanks.
from me to coaching client:
This is my suggestion on what to send to your potential client –
Here is every condo we have sold in Soggy Bottom. (Go back 5 years in the office sales then get off the subject.)
This is my marketing plan that works well in obtaining quick offers on fairly priced condos. (Insert your plan.)
Most important today is pricing by using the same comparables that an appraiser would use. I have included all the comparable sales from the last 6 months. These are the sales that an appraiser will use to determine whether the bank can make a loan for your buyer that I will find.
I am looking forward to meeting your brother so that we can go through the sales and determine which ones to highlight for the appraiser once I sell the condo.
Also, I am a hard working salesperson but a great sales effort involves every real estate agent in Soggy Bottom. I am looking forward to presenting that information as well.
Here are some thoughts that you can think about until we set up our meeting:
- I have a flyer service that will deliver to every in box in Soggy Bottom a complete information flyer including 5 ways in which the condo can be sold therefore giving many options to the buyer and their agent.
- I will hold an open house, catered by one of my team members so that we can maximize the agent participation. I will also send invitations to the neighbors so they can talk up their wonderful building to their family, friends, and co-workers.
- Put the features and benefits of your condo on over 157 real estate websites.
- Send weekly reminders of the property to every agent who has ever had a sale or listing in the building for the last 3 years. If they know the building, they love the building.
- Attack social media with pictures and benefits of living in your building.
- Put the property on every REALTOR® tour, once again catered.
- Notify all tenants in the neighborhood that buying can actually be less expensive than renting.
These are just seven points of a very successful 35-point plan. This plan added to my communication skills will keep you and your brother in the loop, and the plan has wowed many past clients. In closing, I have included some testimonials from my condo buyers and sellers.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon.
It is too soon to see if my client got the listing presentation, but, for all of you, get around the question you cannot answer with loads of value for the client.
Walter Sanford has been designing and implementing real estate systems for 30 years. One of the most successful REALTORS® and now wealthy from his systems, Sanford teaches his systems and strategies through his products, seminars, and personal coaching producing the best results in the industry. Do what works, do what is proven. Hire Walter Sanford. Call our office at 800.792.5837, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us online at www.waltersanford.com.