In between coaching calls, sometimes there’s a little mid-week supplement that’s needed between the client and Walter. This exchange is with one of our coaching clients and Walter regarding an expired program that the team is setting up.
You can Ask Wally a question any time at http://www.waltersanford.com/pro-real-estate-agent-tools/free_stuff/ask-wally/.
I am working on getting an expired system set up. I know that we talk a lot about this, but I am wondering if you have a checklist or schedule on the process – from the first call to the emails and letters, to the next calls?
I have heard over and over that your system works, and I want to put my all to it. I have looked through your books and that is the only thing I am not finding.
Thanks for your help!
I have two systems. They are similar with some small differences.
Number one is in detail in the expired chapter in the book, Grow Your Leads: Just Add Wa(l)ter. Please read this chapter.
The second system exists in my “head” so there’s no written plan until now for you:
- Set up your search parameters for every morning including status, type of real estate, price minimum, and area.
- Set up the amount of time that it takes to call and write each a letter every day; create a morning time-block for these activities for 5 days a week.
- Get a system that finds phone numbers. www.vulcan7.com is probably the best and it runs about $300 a month.
- Call the expireds with a short, value-filled call. Leave voice mails when needed. Send a letter that you like from the expired chapter mentioned earlier.
- Re-send the previous days’ letter (same letter, same people) stamped with the words: “PLEASE DON’T THROW ME AWAY AGAIN.” Crumple the letter, un-crumple, then mail. Yes, you’re mailing the crumpled letter.
- Use Saturday to re-call the people with whom you didn’t speak.
- Mail value-filled postcard to all people with whom you haven’t spoken.
- Put all good leads in a database for follow-up.
- Keep all research and make another call in 6 months.
Very few agents will ever make the above effort. That is where you have the competitive advantage.
I have many other systems for seller lead generation. You are free to customize for yourself, but the number of touches (contacts) and the quality of your phone numbers are very important.
If you need help with what you are going to say, please don’t hesitate to contact me again. We’ll be sure to go over this during our coaching call this week together, too.
Lead generation is what builds your business and keeps your pipeline full, no matter what the market says! Grow Your Leads: Just Add Wa(l)ter is a hefty book full of detailed and complete prospecting systems, and it includes the data CD (digital copy). This is also a great manual for an assistant.
Call 800.792.5837 and ask for the $50 blog special on Grow Your Leads: Just Add Wa(l)ter. Check out the content details here: http://www.waltersanford.com/shop/grow-your-leads-just-ask-walter/.